X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    What's a Bed extender...?

I got my bed extender installed this morning......you lower your tailgate, then it rotates out over the tailgate and essentially makes your bed longer and things stay INSIDE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BED EXTENDER 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	244438

Click image for larger version  Name:	BED EXTENDER 1A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	213.5 KB ID:	244437
    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 07-03-2019, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 12blkgrayRS
    replied
    What's a Bed extender...?

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    Finally finished off my toolbox mod.....installed 1/4" black/gray carpet squares on the bottom/sides to insolate it and to keep anything that ends up in there from moving or banging around and keeping it from sounding like a tin can.

Name:	TOOLBOX-CARPET.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	244425

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    well I went to Bayway today to pickup and get installed my next mod, a bed extender (it was my birthday present), but things didn't go well and a boo boo was made, they installer told his supervisor that he didn't want to leave it this way and they needed to order another one. That was after I had been there for FIVE HOURS. I have to say, that gives me a lot of respect that they will do it right. I did however, tell them not to order another one.....I just cancel the order. So on the way home, I stopped by a local truck outfitter, actually the place that rhino lined my truck and where I got my toolbox and ordered one there. they will get it Monday and will install it Wednesday. oh and they told the install time would only be 1-1/2 hrs.
    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-28-2019, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    Originally posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
    So are you going to be blasting lil old ladies that get in your way? LOL
    no....not little old ladies.....BUT A$$HOLES YES!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• 12blkgrayRS
    replied
    So are you going to be blasting lil old ladies that get in your way? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    I took off last Thursday....and finished up the horn mod....

I did the same thing I did when I made this mod to my Camaro, and that was I put a toggle switch so that if for some reason, I could disable the air horn.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TOGGLE-SWITCH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	244357

You saw earlier that I put the tank/compressor in my toolbox, I did a bit more to actually make the set-up more functional. On the air outlet, I put a tee, a ball valve, and some tubing over to a regulator with a quick disconnect. then got me a 50 foot air hose and put that in the toolbox so if I ever heeded to air up a flat. or someone else's, or a bicycle tire or whatever, I can.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TANK-AND-REG1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	244358

and here is a short clip of the finished product.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-17-2019, 04:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    The top one it appears.
    GREAT!!! I was hoping it would. I actually have an extra Mobil 1 cap, one I bought some time ago but was never used. shoot me you address in a PM and its yours.

Leave a comment:

• 12blkgrayRS
    replied
    The top one it appears.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    Forest.....I need you to go at look at your oil cap....and look at where it locks in....there are either ONE peg that the cap fits over or TWO. here is a picture of each. tell me which is what your car has. ONE or TWO

Name:	CAP1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	244330

Name:	CAP2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	244331

Leave a comment:

• 12blkgrayRS
    replied
    cool, thx!

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    Did a bit if looking.....I believe this is the one I got for my Camaro, can't say 100% BUT , P/N 12593356 or ACDelco #FC221 they are only $15 and you can even get them off of Amazon

HOWEVER, I am currently at work, but I am almost positive I have the original and I put it back in the bag it cam in, and its in my toolbox, I will look at it when I get home this afternoon to verify its part number.
    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-12-2019, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied
    I am not sure that this one would be the P/N you need, the one I have for my 5th Gen Camaro was a tad different than this one. I will look and see if I can find the P/N of the one I got back then and will get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• 12blkgrayRS
    replied
    cool! you have a part number? will they fit on the camaros?

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nuke
    replied

What? oil cap??
    YEP.... seeing as how I will be running nothing buy Mobil1, just like I have in all my cars.....and what Chevy puts in the Vettes from the factory. its the same cap them put on the Vettes that have a wet sump up till '18.

I only need a few more hours to finish up my horn mod....which I will either do Thursday (if I get off early) or Friday.
    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-11-2019, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X