Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Mod to my Vette

I wish Chevy would have done this from the factory, somewhat like they did for the orange interior.....but I did it myself. dyed all the white stitching orange. after and before pics

Click image for larger version  Name:	ORANGE DOOR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.7 KB ID:	242142

Click image for larger version  Name:	ORANGE DOOR CLOSE.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	242143
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-12-2018, 03:29 PM.

VERY NICE... the ZL1 will be red stitching when I get my Orange one. I'll try the same thing.

How long did that take you?

Comment

wow how did you do that, that looked very meticulous.
      2016 Camaro RS, White. No Mods.....so far........:)

Comment

Originally posted by mlee View Post
        VERY NICE... the ZL1 will be red stitching when I get my Orange one. I'll try the same thing.

How long did that take you?
        It only took 2 hours to do the whole interior. one of the guys on the vette forum had done it, even got the pen info from his post, and it took me the same amount of time.

I found the exact same dye pen on Amazon, its a "FabricMate" brand dye marker pen's. I bought two to be on the safe side. they are $9.99 a piece. what you do is using the pen, you color the stitching and about every 6" you stop and wipe up the excess off of the leather. piece of cake. I did mine in the afternoon and I wasn't going anywhere afterwards so it had lots of time to dry afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
          wow how did you do that, that looked very meticulous.
          it is.....
          what you do is using the "FabricMate" brand dye marker pen's you color the stitching and about every 6" you stop and wipe up the excess off of the leather. piece of cake.
          Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-13-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I think Kristin has done this to her car the same way some years ago.

Comment

I think Kristin has done this to her car the same way some years ago.
              I believe your right... it broke my heart, along with a lot of other people, when she lost it because of Harvey.
              Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-14-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I saw it online 3 months later being auctioned off, while looking for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nuke View Post

It only took 2 hours to do the whole interior. one of the guys on the vette forum had done it, even got the pen info from his post, and it took me the same amount of time.

I found the exact same dye pen on Amazon, its a "FabricMate" brand dye marker pen's. I bought two to be on the safe side. they are $9.99 a piece. what you do is using the pen, you color the stitching and about every 6" you stop and wipe up the excess off of the leather. piece of cake. I did mine in the afternoon and I wasn't going anywhere afterwards so it had lots of time to dry afterwards.
                  Excellent... I'll have to change my red stitching to orange. But then will need to do something with the red seat belts.

Comment

Excellent... I'll have to change my red stitching to orange. But then will need to do something with the red seat belts.
                    that will be a bit trickier. its easy to dye WHITE to another color but to get RED to Orange may take another approach. you may need to dye the red with yellow to achieve orange. and you may need to experiment with different shades of yellow to get the right shade of orange.
                    Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-16-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

We will have to get some side by side photos of our two cars. My order went in today for a Crush ZLE

Comment

Congratulations !!!!

Comment

We will have to get some side by side photos of our two cars. My order went in today for a Crush ZLE
                          That's GREAT!! and YES, that would cool to get Malcolm to do a photoshoot for the two of us!

Comment

Holy cr@#$! that's awesome Mike....!

Comment

Holy cr@#$! that's awesome Mike....!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	h (1).jpg
Views:	0
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	242265

Comment

Working...
                              X