Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be time to kill the Forum

We've gone a long time and have a lot of old history here but the past few years just like everywhere else the forum has died and gone to FB.

Most don't really understand the value of a forum so they never really learn to leverage it's strengths . Things get quickly buried in FB and a searchable database like a forum is easy to keep organized.

Unfortunately there are only 2 or 3 folks who even come here anymore so we may end up spending some extra time on the static website for downloadable forms and such.

It just doesn't make sense to keep spending $$ on a forum that isn't used and hasn't been used for years now. Any Thoughts??

what do you mean a STATIC WEBSITE?? we have one of those?? I certainly don't know about it.....

and it certainly won't make any difference to anyone in the club....and although I joined FB because it was the only way I knew anything was going on, and we all know FB truely SUX THE BIG WENNIE when it comes to finding anything and keeping people informed....at least the few people that do visit here and our events are/should be mirrored here are informed.

IF our club totally goes to a FB entity....you will be saying GOOD BYE to me, just like so many other older diehard Charter Members!

Comment

It's me you and Forest... 3 people total

Comment

im not on much --wish more people wud post something------im not as close any more to do stuff----but had a lot of fun when i did-----:hat:
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=gold67/ibm10;n246487]im not on much --wish more people wud post something------im not as close any more to do stuff----but had a lot of fun when i did-----:hat:[/QUOTE]

well for this year, being close hasn't been a issue....considering the last time I was able to do anything with the club was the FEBUARY CLUB MEETING!! LOL

Comment

Hey. I just found you guys last month and now you’re shutting it down. Was it something that I said? How much would it take for me to buy the forum and keep it going? I know that there are a lot of people that have nothing to do with Facebook and still get good info on forums. I am a member of a few other forums due to the fact that I have several different rides around my house. I think there is still merit to this type of platform, but I also understand that time is passing me by. Good luck with your decision.

Comment

[QUOTE=REVIN KEVIN;n246522]Hey. I just found you guys last month and now you’re shutting it down. Was it something that I said? How much would it take for me to buy the forum and keep it going? I know that there are a lot of people that have nothing to do with Facebook and still get good info on forums. I am a member of a few other forums due to the fact that I have several different rides around my house. I think there is still merit to this type of platform, but I also understand that time is passing me by. Good luck with your decision. [/QUOTE]

the club isn't shutting down, and it was just a suggestion by one member about killing off the forum itself. if you do facebook, the club has a page there as well.

Comment

Working...
              X