Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Failure - well almost

Driving home on the loop on Monday afternoon. Attempting to pass some moron in the passing land going 10 mph slower than the speed limit. As I am changing lanes, the car suddenly starting missing and losing power. Holy SH&^%! CEL flashing it azz off! oh crap, now what!>? I didn't want to pull over for fear I wouldn't get the car restarted on the side of a busy freeway, so kept driving, I was thinking it was a failed coil or bad plug, hard to imagine, factory plugs rarely fail, not like the old days. Anyway, kept driving, now the car doesn't seem to get out of its own way. if I can just keep a steady speed I wont work it as hard. but no, all stop and go, engine shaking rough. Oil pressure good, temp good, so possibly just a bad coil. finally get it home. P0304, yep cyl 4 misfire, well duh!
    so I ordered a new coil and plug, just for arguments sake. should get them today.
    2016 Camaro RS, White. No Mods.....so far........:)

WOW....and ya know, when stuff happens, its ALWAYS at the worst possible time!!

Comment

Parts came in, fixed. Bad coil it seems. Weird the coil was not more than 10 months old.

Comment

well ya know.....that's the kind of luck I have. Hope it keeps you on the road for a good long time.

Comment

It's strange my last 2012 Camaro didn't have this many issues and I tracked it...this one is barely driven. Maybe that's what I need to do, track it!

Comment

what ever makes ya happy

Comment

Good to hear it was a simple fix.

Comment

Working...
              X