Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat replacement on a V6 Camaro

What a PAIN IN THE ASS!!! who's idea was to put the thermostat in the back of the engine??!! After 2 days I got the tstat housing installed. this is difficult in the driveway with about 2-3 inches of arm room. Now for some reason it is leaking, so another few days to determine what's wrong. I was sure everything is buttoned up properly. probably easier on a lift. access is impossible from the top. it would be easier to drop the front exhaust for better access, no wonder chevy charges so much for R&R.
    2016 Camaro RS, White. No Mods.....so far........:)

Finally done.

Comment

A little late seeing this. Was the little tab on the gasket for the thermostat out of place?
      Sometimes we forget

Comment

Yep. I learned that the hard way. Of course, it fell out when I removed the hoses so I had no frame of reference.

Comment

Yikes... what a PITA

Comment

then I learned that the cap is bad, spews coolant (I was smelling a coolant smell inside the car and investigated when I got home, coolant was dribbling out of the filler neck at some point) when the temps get to 215-221 before fans kick in. traffic has been really bad lately....So it got replaced last night. installed a Vitesse throttle controller a few days ago, recycled the battery and the engine runs like it never has since I have had it...YAY!

Comment

Working...
            X