Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CamaroRich
    replied
    Is the All Purpose Cleaner sold in retail stores, or do you have to order it? Read my situation above and see what you think. The VRT doesn't restore it just kinda puts a temporary shine on it.

Leave a comment:

• Delivery Detail
    replied
    To clean the vinyl stripes, I like to use All Purpose Cleaner. VRT is a dressing (think of it like Wax for Paint, VRT for Vinyl rubber or tire/trim) so after you clean the stripes, put some VRT on for hydrophobic and UV protection.

You can also dilute All Purpose cleaner as low as 20:1 AND if you dilute VRT 1:1 with water, you have a similar matte detail spray.

One thing to keep in mind for Vinyl... it's almost impossible to clean/dress in the heat.

Let me know if ya'll have any questions about how to detail/clean any surface!

Leave a comment:

• Mini-Me
    replied
    But your grey stripes are not matte so it wouldn't work for you.

Leave a comment:

• Mini-Me
    replied
    Care and Maintenance of Vinyl Striping

Originally posted by rkblanford View Post
    I actually figured out the mystery...I have been parking under a tree and believe it is tree sap. Thanks to the guys from Adams who showed me that their all purpose cleaner was the right stuff to restore my vinyl.
    The all purpose cleaner has no uv protectant in it like the Matte detailer does. But yeah it works well. I use that for tires/engine bay
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-11-2014, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mini-Me
    replied
    Care and Maintenance of Vinyl Striping

The

Leave a comment:

• rkblanford
    replied
    I actually figured out the mystery...I have been parking under a tree and believe it is tree sap. Thanks to the guys from Adams who showed me that their all purpose cleaner was the right stuff to restore my vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Mini-Me
    replied
    I would use the chemical guys Matt detailer. I don't like putting dressings on the car except on the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Bwer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bwer
    replied
    VRT is good stuff !

Leave a comment:

• KRIS10
    replied
    Originally posted by rkblanford View Post
    Do you buy Adams VRT locally? Also, Kristen, did you just have the stripes redone?
    Yes, I had them painted on.

Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥

Leave a comment:

• CamaroRich
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwer View Post
    I use Adams VRT on my vinyl stripes renews them pretty good just make sure you wipe in one direction

VRT is good stuff. I use it as well. I was cleaning my car and thought I was grabbing the bottle of polish, but by mistake picked up the Bare Bones instead :( The bottle's look similar. Anyway, it took the gloss off my stripes. I tried everything recommended on C5, and nothing worked, except VRT.

Leave a comment:

• Bwer
    replied
    Yes get in contact with Ryan , [email protected] or 832-523-7431

Leave a comment:

• rkblanford
    replied
    Do you buy Adams VRT locally? Also, Kristen, did you just have the stripes redone?

Leave a comment:

• Bwer
    replied
    I use Adams VRT on my vinyl stripes renews them pretty good just make sure you wipe in one direction

Leave a comment:

• KRIS10
    replied
    This happened to mine and it took about a year for it to happen. They weren't clear coated, don't know if that made any difference. My spots were kind of brownish but thought that was because they were orange.

Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥

Leave a comment:

Working...
X