Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care and Maintenance of Vinyl Striping

I had my gunmetal grey stripes designed and applied at Redline a little more than a year ago and started noticing brown stains starting to show on the hood and trunk stripes. The hockey stripes on the side are still fine. Has anyone else had this happen? It doesn't seem like they should need to be replaced this soon. They are not visible from a distance but can be clearly seen close up.

I am showing in Kemah on Saturday and am desperate to restore them. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to deal with this? I am using an off the shelf Rain X car wash prodict along with whatever they use at the Chrvron drive thru down the street about every 2-3 days.

This happened to mine and it took about a year for it to happen. They weren't clear coated, don't know if that made any difference. My spots were kind of brownish but thought that was because they were orange.

Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥
    Featured in Super Chevy Magazine, Wheels and Heels Magazine, TheSpeedGirls, & Shockerracing. See my articles here!

http://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/featured-rides/featured-articles/154-kristen-benavides-with-her-camaro-ss-aka-survivor-camaro

http://www.thespeedgirls.com/kristenb.html

My Build Thread Link

Comment

I use Adams VRT on my vinyl stripes renews them pretty good just make sure you wipe in one direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you buy Adams VRT locally? Also, Kristen, did you just have the stripes redone?

Comment

Yes get in contact with Ryan , [email protected] or 832-523-7431

Comment

Originally posted by Bwer View Post
            I use Adams VRT on my vinyl stripes renews them pretty good just make sure you wipe in one direction

VRT is good stuff. I use it as well. I was cleaning my car and thought I was grabbing the bottle of polish, but by mistake picked up the Bare Bones instead :( The bottle's look similar. Anyway, it took the gloss off my stripes. I tried everything recommended on C5, and nothing worked, except VRT.

Comment

Originally posted by rkblanford View Post
              Do you buy Adams VRT locally? Also, Kristen, did you just have the stripes redone?
              Yes, I had them painted on.

Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥
              Featured in Super Chevy Magazine, Wheels and Heels Magazine, TheSpeedGirls, & Shockerracing. See my articles here!

http://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/featured-rides/featured-articles/154-kristen-benavides-with-her-camaro-ss-aka-survivor-camaro

http://www.thespeedgirls.com/kristenb.html

My Build Thread Link

Comment

VRT is good stuff !

Comment

Comment

I would use the chemical guys Matt detailer. I don't like putting dressings on the car except on the tires.

"its not the 0-60 you should be worried about, its the 60-120!"
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually figured out the mystery...I have been parking under a tree and believe it is tree sap. Thanks to the guys from Adams who showed me that their all purpose cleaner was the right stuff to restore my vinyl.

Comment

Care and Maintenance of Vinyl Striping

The
                        sigpic

Comment

Care and Maintenance of Vinyl Striping

Originally posted by rkblanford View Post
                          I actually figured out the mystery...I have been parking under a tree and believe it is tree sap. Thanks to the guys from Adams who showed me that their all purpose cleaner was the right stuff to restore my vinyl.
                          The all purpose cleaner has no uv protectant in it like the Matte detailer does. But yeah it works well. I use that for tires/engine bay
                          Last edited by Mini-Me; 05-11-2014, 09:44 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

But your grey stripes are not matte so it wouldn't work for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

To clean the vinyl stripes, I like to use All Purpose Cleaner. VRT is a dressing (think of it like Wax for Paint, VRT for Vinyl rubber or tire/trim) so after you clean the stripes, put some VRT on for hydrophobic and UV protection.

You can also dilute All Purpose cleaner as low as 20:1 AND if you dilute VRT 1:1 with water, you have a similar matte detail spray.

One thing to keep in mind for Vinyl... it's almost impossible to clean/dress in the heat.

Let me know if ya'll have any questions about how to detail/clean any surface!

Comment

Working...
                              X