Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinMan View Post
    I have decided that engine bays for cars that drive on the road will never be of a nice show quality (unless you want to spend hours wiping the damn thing down). I just use a can of gunk and then use CD2. Works great for a 20 min job!
    Mine is my daily driver with 82k. I've spent a few hours under her hood and won several Expo awards. She's not a garage queen, but she's clean. You really have to do it more than just before the show to keep the time down.
    Khaoss 2010 2SS/RS
    2014 2SS/RS Summit White
    http://www.khaoss2010.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/khaoss2010
    http://houston-streets.com/march-201...-of-the-month/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mlee View Post
      Check out the videos on Coogs Chemical Guy Thread
      Still need to clean the motor before spraying In&Out or Black on Black. Otherwise you just have shiny dirt!

Engines these days have no problem getting wet....unlike motors with distributors and such. Today, all the electrical connections are sealed.

Best advise is not to let your engine get so dirty it's a pain to clean. Do a GOOD cleaning on it once, maintain by rinsing with a degreaser.... and its not so hard to keep your engine looking nice. I typically spray mine with Simple Green, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse off. Wipe off the big, flat areas (engine covers, fuse box, air intakes, etc.) with an old microfiber and let dry. Then go back with a little Detail Spray and In & Out. Once or twice a year, I'll wax the engine cover, fuse box cover and my Vararam intake.

The new air blower I just bought from Chemical Guys is PERFECT for drying the engine bay after a wash....can't wait to try it out in the morning. This thing is tiny and the nozzle is soft rubber. I can point it anywhere under the hood and dry the engine bay in no time.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical..._p/acc_303.htm
      Last edited by CooG; 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

right on, thanx for all the advice. I feel a lot better about getting the engine all wet now. Now just to find some time... does anyone know where I left my time... oh yeah, thats right, my wife found it and keeps it in a safe in her purse.......
        “If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”

Comment

Yea, I'm another daily driver, and I entered shows and have placed and won in my class, so it can be done... :D yea, like Coog says you need to stay on top of it, that's the main secret to keeping it looking in tip top shape! :)

Sent from my Phablet! :D
          Last edited by X-Factor; 08-17-2013, 06:16 AM.
          My 2LT/RS Build Thread (link)
          IG @xfactor68

Comment

I just keep mine cleaned and wiped down since new, every wash I detail the engine bay as well. I found some trim spray at O'Reillys that works well. But it rained tonight before I could show it off...darn it!!
            2012 Camaro 2LT RS V6 6 spd

Comment

Glad I found this thread, I'm about to clean my engine bay tomorrow
              sigpic

Comment

How to detail your engine compartment?

Originally posted by CooG View Post
                Still need to clean the motor before spraying In&Out or Black on Black. Otherwise you just have shiny dirt!

Engines these days have no problem getting wet....unlike motors with distributors and such. Today, all the electrical connections are sealed.

Best advise is not to let your engine get so dirty it's a pain to clean. Do a GOOD cleaning on it once, maintain by rinsing with a degreaser.... and its not so hard to keep your engine looking nice. I typically spray mine with Simple Green, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse off. Wipe off the big, flat areas (engine covers, fuse box, air intakes, etc.) with an old microfiber and let dry. Then go back with a little Detail Spray and In & Out. Once or twice a year, I'll wax the engine cover, fuse box cover and my Vararam intake.

The new air blower I just bought from Chemical Guys is PERFECT for drying the engine bay after a wash....can't wait to try it out in the morning. This thing is tiny and the nozzle is soft rubber. I can point it anywhere under the hood and dry the engine bay in no time.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical..._p/acc_303.htm
                Is the air blower light in weight ?
                Never mind went to web site !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
                Last edited by Bwer; 07-26-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

How to detail your engine compartment?

Last edited by Bwer; 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Ordered blower. On sale 20 off today. $44 plus shipping. What a deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X