Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to detail your engine compartment?

So can anyone give advise on how to make the engine bay look new(show quality)? I've never washed an engine and I don't want to just go hosing things that maybe shouldn't get hosed.
    “If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”

Go to YouTube and search the junk man

sigpic
    2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
    *** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
      Go to YouTube and search the junk man
      Yeah Junkman is good but damn his videos are long LOL. And funny too

Comment

I had never seen any of his videos until I watched one on how to clay. He gives great instructions!

Comment

Junkman is awesome!!
          Khaoss 2010 2SS/RS
          2014 2SS/RS Summit White
          http://www.khaoss2010.com/
          https://www.facebook.com/khaoss2010
          http://houston-streets.com/march-201...-of-the-month/

sigpic

Comment

BWAHAHAHA... I thought you were being rude and telling me to just search on youtube. my bad! thanx.
            “If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”

Comment

I thought about saying "that's what rainy days are for".

sigpic
              2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate

Comment

I've never washed mine, I've always just wiped mine down everytime i wash my car and on all my hoses, i use Adam's In and out Spray. I'm too scared to get my engine wet....
                Last edited by X-Factor; 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM.
                My 2LT/RS Build Thread (link)
                IG @xfactor68

Comment

I wash mine. I just put a plastic bag over my cold air. But I don't blast it water. Adams Car Polishes has a good short video on how to wash your engine bay too.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥
                  Featured in Super Chevy Magazine, Wheels and Heels Magazine, TheSpeedGirls, & Shockerracing. See my articles here!

http://www.shockerracing.com/index.php/featured-rides/featured-articles/154-kristen-benavides-with-her-camaro-ss-aka-survivor-camaro

http://www.thespeedgirls.com/kristenb.html

My Build Thread Link

Comment

^^^

sigpic

Comment

A gentle spray from the hose, clean with a (soapy) soft long bristle brush then blow dry and top off with some type of detail spray. That worked on mine and it looks pretty fair.

sigpic
                      Crystal Red Tintcoat 2012 2LT RS

Sent from my iphone by guess and by golly!?

Comment

I go so fast that dirt can't stick to my engine bay.
                        My YouTube channel / MSR Houston / GrandSport Speedway

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
                          I go so fast that dirt can't stick to my engine bay.
                          Or his supercharger sucks it all up lol

Comment

I have decided that engine bays for cars that drive on the road will never be of a nice show quality (unless you want to spend hours wiping the damn thing down). I just use a can of gunk and then use CD2. Works great for a 20 min job!

Comment

Check out the videos on Coogs Chemical Guy Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X