Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Wasn't sure where to place this, but was wondering if those of you with mods breaking the 10k mark are insured for those? My insurance only covers me up to 5k of custom parts(wheels, engine parts, body kits etc). Anything past that they have to source out to another agency and purchase more coverage. What insurance company would you recommend I go with? Right now I'm covered by USAA but only up to 5k....Thanks.

I have USAA also and they do say 5k. I have seen instances were they do pay more for MOD's but thats because the person has squirreled away receipts. Since you're here in TX , state farm has been known to be generous.
    Last edited by Sapper12b; 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapper12b View Post
      I have USAA also and they do say 5k. I have seen instances were they do pay more for MOD's but thats because the person has squirreled away receipts. Since you're here in TX , state farm has been known to be generous.
      Ill have to check them out...Thanks!

Comment

Interesting... I've been with USAA for many years and never asked. 5k is cool w/ me. At least I know they will actually pay instead of just advertise it.

Comment

I have USAA too....didn't know about the $5K coverage for mods. Is this automatically part of your policy or something you must add/upgrade to?

Agree with you Mike....it sure is nice to know if something should happen to my cars/home, USAA will come thru with flying colors.

Comment

Originally posted by CooG View Post
            I have USAA too....didn't know about the $5K coverage for mods. Is this automatically part of your policy or something you must add/upgrade to?

Agree with you Mike....it sure is nice to know if something should happen to my cars/home, USAA will come thru with flying colors.
            If you have full coverage than it's already part of your policy. I was told any mod that is connected to your vehicle is covered up to 5k except something like a stereo system. If you want more coverage they will have to out source you to an outside agency. I'm thinking about going for that.

Comment

We have USAA as well. This is good info!
              sigpic

Comment

FWIW i just paid for a Stated Value policy with Grundy thru Rendon Insurance out of Sugarland. Its collectors insurance basically. Cut my Bill in half and covers all of our mods. To get the policy you must have another car as a daily driver, be garage kept, and pay in full. There are no mileage restrictions either. $950 for the year for both cars, hers is valued at 36k and mine at 41k.
                sigpic

Comment

Interesting !!! Thx for the info.............
                  sigpic

Comment

In general you need to be careful and not just assume you're your mods are covered.

www.h-towncamaroclub.com

sigpic
                    2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
                    *** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
                      In general you need to be careful and not just assume you're your mods are covered.

www.h-towncamaroclub.com
                      I checked and sent a mod list. My mods weren't covered before for sure. Also forgot to mention, no deductible.
                      Last edited by KRIS10's $ponsor; 06-05-2014, 11:13 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SHWA View Post
                        We have USAA as well. This is good info!
                        USAA no longer covers anything beyond dealer trade in for a stock vehicle. I spoke with two reps and a manager when purchasing my '13 Dusk in May of this year. The only reason I haven't left them yet is I am paid up through the end of the year and the rate is competitive. It's also one of the only companies that allow me to carry a minimum 250k/500k/250k coverage. Ally (GM) is covering GAP plus an arbitrary additional $5k cash, but since my balance is falling like a rock it will be worthless before Christmas. Another topic completely, be careful with the USAA advertising hype, they aren't the company they used to be.

Originally posted by KRIS10's $ponsor View Post
                        FWIW i just paid for a Stated Value policy with Grundy thru Rendon Insurance out of Sugarland. Its collectors insurance basically. Cut my Bill in half and covers all of our mods. To get the policy you must have another car as a daily driver, be garage kept, and pay in full. There are no mileage restrictions either. $950 for the year for both cars, hers is valued at 36k and mine at 41k.
                        Joel, do you know who underwrote the policy?

AmericanClassic.com will issue a stated policy, but comes with mileage restrictions (5,000/yr). A $50,000 stated policy for my '13 Dusk with what I consider laughable coverage limits (ex 50/100/50) was only $60/mo. American Classics is endorsed by USAA (that means something??), had great ratings when I looked earlier in the year but I don't know much about them.

I should get my P&C License for us ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Snoman View Post

Joel, do you know who underwrote the policy?

AmericanClassic.com will issue a stated policy, but comes with mileage restrictions (5,000/yr). A $50,000 stated policy for my '13 Dusk with what I consider laughable coverage limits (ex 50/100/50) was only $60/mo. American Classics is endorsed by USAA (that means something??), had great ratings when I looked earlier in the year but I don't know much about them.

I should get my P&C License for us ^_^
                          This is who I went thru. Grundy is covering the car with no milage limit. I'm not sure about the coverage limits, I can't remember.

sigpic

Comment

I provide a list of everything I do and my insurance covers it regardless of amount. I reached a point where my premium started going up with the mods and upgrades.

Comment

My lord --- finally. Not sure who was more scared of walking away and giving up, Michael or myself...he's good ppl though.

Just canceled my USAA policy thank the heavens!!

Collector Vehicle Insurance: Stated Value replacement ($40k+), $500/year
                              Unlimited mileage
                              500k / 500k / 500k coverage
                              Cannot be used as daily driver (basically only to car shows and weekends - but not to grocery store dur)
                              Towing - Guaranteed to be a flat bed
                              Included Coverage for spare parts and tools in the garage

Increased coverage available ball parked at 1%/yr ($10,000 increase in coverage for $100/yr)
                              Last edited by Snoman; 12-31-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X